Changes from Version 1
Version 2 of Comet is not simply a small upgrade from version 1. It has some significant and some not so significant changes. These changes include:
- Version 2 can use a single MS Access database file where version 1 used multiple files.
- Version 2 can use MS SQL Server in place of MS Access.
- Comet version 2 accepts SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004, and Tin Can content.
- Version 2 does not currently store any data related to individual questions.
- Version 2 cannot work with the proprietary lessons published from Metamorphosis.
Metamorphosis lessons will need to be republished for SCORM.
- Version 2 does not include a virtual directory/folder version.
For more information on what virtual directories are see: here.
- Due to the number of structural changes you will not be able to simply port data from version 1.
You should consider version 2 as a new LMS/LRS.
- Version 2 includes external activities.
- The number and type of reports in version 2 has been rationalised.
- Users can now be members of more than one group.
All users are always members of the default/nominal "none" group.
- User names that include non-web friendly characters now should all be accepted.
We've tried to make Comet UTF 8 compatible.
- Deleting a user, course, lesson... will now delete all data related to the deleted item.
Version 1 archived data. With version 2 this is no longer the case.
- Courses can now be enabled/disabled.
This can make a course unavilable without needing to delete the course.
- It can have public content ie content that is available to anyone that signed in with the username and password Public.
No records are stored for public content.
© Copyright 2016 Apixel Pty Ltd, All rights reserved